Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chicken Marengo

Chicken Marengo

It’s been a long time since I’ve prepared this dish, but when I was going through my recipes to find something out of the ordinary for Chunky Chicks’ Recipes, I ran across this and got really hungry for it, so voila!  Usually, the most time consuming part of the preparation is browning the chicken. But, tonight when I opened the package of what I thought was a cut up chicken, I found that it had only been split down the middle, so cutting it up myself added quite some time to the preparation step since it has literally been years since I have had to cut up a chicken.  I suggest that you just purchase pieces you like – thighs, legs, breasts and forget the “whole" chicken thing. 

Ingredients:

1 can (10 ¾ oz.) Campbell’s Tomato Soup
1 can (10 ¾ oz.) Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Soup
3 pounds chicken parts
3 tablespoons shortening
1 pound (about 16) small, whole white onions
1 medium clove garlic, minced

Preparation:

In a large skillet, brown chicken in shortening; pour off fat. Stir in remaining ingredients (I find it easier to combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl first and then pour them over the chicken). Cover; cook over low heat 45 minutes or until tender. Stir occasionally. Uncover; cook until desired consistency. This makes approximately six servings.

I serve buttered noodles, steamed broccoli and a tossed salad with this.  Chocolate pudding topped with sliced bananas is a nice finish to this meal.  



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printable Coupons

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Followers