Saturday, October 22, 2011

Grasshopper Cake

I thought when I "retired," I would have so much time to bake, cook great meals from scratch, read, shop, etc. I have quickly found out that that isn't the case. It now seems that I'm busier than ever, or maybe I'm just slower at getting things done. Anyway, I have been going through the recipes I have collected from friends and former coworkers in my 30+ years working in an office environment and attending many potluck luncheons. This delicious cake recipe came from my former aerobic dance instructor, whose name I have long forgotten.

Grasshopper Cake

Ingredients:

1 box white cake mix
6 Tablespoons crème de menthe (liqueur, ice cream topping or flavoring)
1 11-ounce jar hot fudge sauce, such as Smucker’s® or Hersey’s®
1 8-ounce carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip® or other)

Directions:

Prepare cake according to package directions, adding 4 tablespoons of the crème de menthe. Bane in a 9 x 13-inch pan as directed on the box; cool.  When cake is cool, spread with the fudge sauce. Fold the remaining crème de menthe into the whipped topping and spread over the fudge sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printable Coupons

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Followers